Life Ministry is devoted to upholding the sanctity of human life, both in our church body and the culture at large. We are actively involved in a variety of domestic and international programs to support and encourage life "in the image of God."
By supporting women and children through crisis pregnancy centers, providing educational materials and opportunities, reaching out to youth through a Christian chastity program, and working closely with allies such as National Lutherans For Life and the National Pro-life Religious Council, Life Ministries is carrying the banner that life is sacred.
LCMS Life Conference 2013
Missed the conference? You too can still learn about pro-life advocacy via our "virtual conference" page. Access video recordings of the LCMS Life Conference speaker presentations and panel discussion, presentations from the student track, sermon transcripts and more.Learn More
NEW RESOURCE AVAILABLE
from the LCMS Sanctity of Life Committee!
Mercy at Life’s End :
A Guide for Laity and Their Pastors - By John T. PlessAbout the Booklet:
Family members who must make end of life care decisions for their loved ones are faced with many questions and struggles. In Mercy at Life’s End: A Guide for Laity and Their Pastors, Rev. John T. Pless addresses those questions and provides comfort to those making difficult decisions.
Free Download here
| Order from CPH
(Order a printed copy of the book from Concordia Publishing House - Bulk discounts available)
LCMS responds to birth control mandate
In response to President Obama's recent announcement about an "accommodation" to a previous mandate that health plans must cover all forms of birth control, the Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod (LCMS), says the church remains "deeply concerned." The LCMS strongly objects to birth control that can work post-conception to cause the death of a developing child.
Learn more about how LCMS is responding, watch President Harrison's video, read articles and more on our information page at: www.lcms.org/HHSMandate
Planned Parenthood and Susan G. Komen Confusion; So…Now What?
- Feb. 4, 2012
An opinion by Maggie Karner, Director, LCMS Life and Health Ministries, and Ed Szeto, Special Projects Coordinator, LCMS Life Ministries.Download
LCMS Life Ministries strives to achieve the following goals:
- To share biblical teaching regarding the sanctity of all human life, with a clear Law and Gospel approach, according to the confessional witness of our church.
- To build an awareness about sanctity of life concerns throughout all stages of life, including abortion, euthanasia, care of the developmentally disabled, chastity, education, medical research, adoption and family life.
- To educate about the consequences of abortion, and encourage the spiritual, emotional and physical care of those experiencing post-abortion syndrome.
- To provide accessible information to lay people, clergy and the media regarding life issues.
- To serve as a resource to congregations and districts who seek to address pro-life concerns in their unique local and state contexts.
- To provide encouragement and support for social ministry agencies as these organizations care for those facing sanctity of life decisions
If you, or someone you know, needs immediate help or has questions regarding the many difficult life concerns, please contact our director of Life Ministries:
Director, Life Ministries
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
You can learn more about Life Ministries by subscribing to our electronic newsletter, Notes for Life.