Educating Our Children
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod's School Ministry assists, equips and uplifts school educators, district staff, and especially education executives and congregational leaders so that through them children may be equipped as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Why Send Your Child to a Lutheran School?
Here is why you should send your child to a Lutheran elementary school. Lutheran schools:
- Are driven by a commitment to the Gospel and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and families.
- Are governed by board members who clearly understand their roles and focus on the vision and board policies that effectively govern the operation of the school.
- Meet or exceed state and national academic standards at all grade levels.
- Help to develop a minimum of 30 developmental assets in children.
- Have educators who model visionary leadership. They practice stewardship of resources, build up others and empathize with others.
- Have educators who model servant leadership. Do those served grow as persons; do they, while being served, become healthier, wiser, freer, more autonomous, more likely themselves to become servants? (Robert Greenleaf)
- Have educators who model spiritual leadership. They study God’s Word, share their personal faith story, apply Law and Gospel appropriately, exhibit a passion for ministry, act courageously, equip God’s people for service, care for others, demonstrate integrity, and pray.
Lutheran Early Childhood Centers and Elementary Schools
More than 1,200 early childhood centers and preschools are operated by congregations and Christian day schools within the LCMS. More than 87,000 children, ranging in age from infant/toddler to 5 years of age, are involved in these programs. Additionally, our congregations operate 880 elementary schools which serve approximately 113,000 students. More than 650 early childhood centers and elementary schools are accredited under the National Lutheran School Accreditation program.
Lutheran High Schools
Information for more than 130 domestic and international Lutheran high schools can be found on this page, maintained by The Office of Church Relations at Valparaiso University.
Today, the LCMS operates three international schools, and there are nearly 200 Lutheran schools operated by our partner churches worldwide.
Lutheran School Portal
The Lutheran School Portal benefits more than 900 schools, high schools and early childhood centers.
Protect My Ministry
Protect My Ministry is an employment and volunteer background screening company established to assist churches, schools and other faith-based organizations in implementing and maintaining a thorough background screening process.